'78 from California FS in Philadelphia

>  That one appears to have two things going for it, it's from California
> and
>  advertised as rust free, and it's already in the north, more or less.
>

> Keep in mind that California has several miles of coastline and the salt
> air
> can be nearly as damaging as winters in Detroit.
> A vehicle being originally sold in California doesn't guarantee that it's
> "rust-free".
> Caveat emptor and all that...
>
> Larry
> sandiego16v

The first point should have been in brackets > (It's from California and
advertised as rust free), as in the seller says it's clean. Which makes it
potentially better that a lot of the ones we see here. I've not seen it,
and obviously it's old and could be crusty. I'd hope that a potential
owner would actually go and see it (or get a trusted friend to do so).
What's it up to now?

Cathy
1999 TDI New Beetle
1987 2L 16V Scirocco
1979 1.8L 10:1 8V
"Deja moo- the feeling you've heard this bull before"