[16v] hard start, bucking/bogging off idle

Actually, gas draws moisture from the air.  I used to work at 7-11, and a fella would come by every do often and draw the water off the top (top, IIRC)...  Also, I helped replace a fuel pump in a Jaguar recently.  It had a pad that sat ontop of the gas tank, located in the trunk.  The pad was there to stop the tank from sweating...

Just a small note...

David