Intake Header

Hey guys... this is indeed a great topic.  So great indeed that I spent my
entire senior year as a ME designing, fabricating and testing a new
"marketable" intake manifold for the 16v... here's just a hint of what I
created...

http://www.geocities.com/vwtype53/dynochart.jpg

Not bad, eh?
Just a simple intake manifold swap (upper half only), and all that extra power
up top.  Without any losses at lower rpm, it's a shame VW didn't do a little
more homework like I did...  :/
(even used the stock throttle body...)

I learned a lot about Helmholtz tuning, positive and negetive pulses, and the
effects of chaging volume, length, and parameters of the intake plenum and
runners.

Ben

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&c2coff=1&q=helmholtz+equation+intake+manifold&btnG=Search