Lightened Flywheel -2.0l 16v

-----Original Message-----
From: Allyn [mailto:amalventano@sc.rr.com]
Sent: Monday, August 30, 2004 6:46 PM
To: koabi@seeohdee.com; fahrvegnugen@cox.net; 'Dan Bubb'; 'Dan Smith';
'TheScirocco List'
Subject: Re: Re: Lightened Flywheel -2.0l 16v

>I would _guess_ that the stock flywheel would help you to keep in the
> boost as opposed to losing it because the revs drop quickly...

its not the engine revs dropping that causes loss of boost. its time between
off-throttle/shift/re-opening of throttle that looses boost. during the
shift, while you are off-throttle, you will have minimal exhaust to keep the
turbo spooled. the only way the flywheel has impact on this is if it somehow
lets you accomplish the whole shift event faster.
Al

Yeah, that makes sense...  Hmmmm...  Thanks for the edumacation there,
professor Al...  :)

Cheers,
   David