Lightened Flywheel -2.0l 16v

> From: "Dan Bubb" <jdbubb@ix.netcom.com>
> Date: 2004/08/30 Mon PM 02:11:00 EDT
> To: <fahrvegnugen@cox.net>,  "Dan Smith" <sad_rocc@yahoo.com>,
>         "The Scirocco List" <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
> Subject: Re: Re: Lightened Flywheel -2.0l 16v

> would
> > > be a very bad idea, as it would be hard to stay in the turbo's range on shifts and 1st and 2nd
> would
> > > be pretty much useless. Opinions?

> > > I'm sorry, but I don't understand at all what you're saying. For instance, what extra boost?
> > > Dan
> > >
> > He is building a turbo car...  It will have more boost than a normally aspirated car...  :-)
> >
> > David
>

> Yeah, I got that part. Why do you think he'd be better off with a stock flywheel or do you just
> think lightening it would be a waste of time?
> Dan

Both actually...  IMO, the lightened flywheel will rev more quickly, but it will also go back to idle more quickly.  If that is true, then since Dan is building an 'old school' turbo setup (IIRC), then he should use a stock flywheel to help keep up the rpms inbetween shifts...  I say old school because I think Dan's setup will have some turbo lag.  This is how it seems to me, but I have not played with turbos nearly as much as N/A...

Cheers,
  David

---Chrome don't get you home.---