A sound improvement

On Mon, 2004-08-30 at 11:51, Gordon Forbess wrote:
> I made a replacement under dash panel this weekend.  I had forgotten
> how much sound it kills from the engine compartment.  The highly
> technical details:  I cut a pattern from a piece of sturdy cardboard
> and laminated a couple of layers of vinyl backed speaker carpet on
> each side with contact cement.  It attaches will velcro.

Beautiful work.

> Problem is that it's now quiet enough to hear more rattles.

Look on the bright side - at least you don't drive a diesel Scirocco.
Talk about rattles...!

> http://pws.prserv.net/gforbess/scirocco/panel.jpg

What are they two little sliders for that seem so cleverly grafted onto
the bottom of the dash just to the lower left of the steering column?
Aftermarket A/C control?  Does it go with the grille that's to the lower
right of the steering column?

Drew

--

84 Wolfsburg Ed. Scirocco GTD     http://scirocco.cs.uoguelph.ca/gtd