[OT] Of Torrents & Transfers & Firewalls, OH MY!!

This really had nothing to do with the topic at hand, but every time I see three things linked with "and"s, I feel the need to add what I added to the above subject line.

I now return you to your regularly scheduled posts...

Mike (or dork, as my wife would cal me :)
'86 red 16v (Red 5)

TBerk <tberk@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
Allyn wrote:

>> Except in my case it never began uploading anything.
>

> realize that you may have been the only one downloading (me and foxx are
> seeding it, and there would be no reason for you to send parts of it to
> us - we have it all already).

FYI update: During downloading of the PET image I )did_ show synchronous
uploading as well as downloading. Cool beans.

>> 4.) During the download I turned off the s/w firewall.
>

> should have zero impact - so long as you have allowed the torrent
> program access to the net within the software firewall program.

Yeah, lazy Tech Guru that I am I never bothered.

>> 5.) I think it was the IP translation on my end that masked my system
>> from becoming a upload site. (Pure, uncollaborated speculation on my
>> part.)
>

> possible. you need to see which port or port range your client is using,
> and manually forward that port to your computer on the nat box. heres a
> decent page on doing this:
> http://www.slyck.com/news.php?story=493
> hth
> Al

See above. 8])

TBerk
& Thx again.

word (wûrd)
interj. Slang. Used to express approval or an affirmative response to something. Sometimes used with up. Source