Speedo cable woa's

Well, welcome to the list! Good choice of car I may add  :)
You have 2 problems.
1) the Odo in the meter has a small gear that is slipping and fairly easily
fixed. I am sure one of the others will post the link to the repair (if its
not on Scirocco.org its self)
2)the speedo cable needs to be geased for the jumpy needle. You can change
the double cable (with Ox box) for a single cable much easier. Ask at the
dealer ship for a speedo cable from a diesel rabbit of about the same year.

I am a bit biased toward the MKI's as you can see in my sig  :)

Julie Macfarlane
1981 MKI 2L 16v w 2Y
Amsterdam NY