Distributors

most distributors either connect to the crankshaft,
the camshaft, or an intermediate shaft, all of which
are lubed by motoroil, if the o-ring, or seal is
broken, you can leak oil from it.  the cap is about
the only thing you may not need to replace, but it is
not difficult to do, most are only attached with 1 or
2 bolts, and most are easily accessable, i'm speaking
from my own experience, lest someone mention some odd
car with a weird distributor, ;-).  you could get a
new one, or a used one from a salvage yard.  keep us
updated!!  lars