From: Ben Harder [mailto:vwtype53@yahoo.com]
Sent: Monday, August 23, 2004 11:40 PM
To: Rick Kellner; scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: RE: megasquirt users

--- Rick Kellner <rfkellner@snet.net> wrote:

> Ben (and Ron), thanks for the reply and of course it is followed by
more
> questions.
>
> Did you end up using the 'relay board' or was VW's fuel pump circuit
> sufficient?

Yes, using the relay board... makes it easier to connect all inputs
and does add extra protection with fuses and relays... I wired it in
series with the factory fuel pump relay to maintain factory wiring
as much as possible.

> Do you think the injectors, at 28 lbs, are contributing to your idle
> problem?

Possibly.  But I think it has more to do with the Schrick 260/276 cams.
hehe...

> What are you using for a throttle positioning sending unit or is one
not
> required?

Automatic 16v Passat's (90-92) have a TPS.  The entire throttle body can
be adapted for use on the rocco 16v manifold.

Ben

Period.