VW Dealership

First and foremost, I do not mean to affend and listers who currently work at a VW dealership, actually this might make other dealerships look extremely wonder.

What a fun 2 1/2 hours I had today.

As soon as I gave the service manager the key and proceeded to the waiting room with the rest of the suckers, I called VWOA as per their instructions. Got an idiot on the phone who didn't use a computer to pull up my "file", and proceeded to tell the idiot and the rest of the waiting room how this dealership has lied to me and is trying to commit fraud.

The best part was the VW dealership staff also hearing the conversation.

So, 2 1/2 hours later.....................................................................................

The new service manager (not the same on that lied to me previously) Came over and showed me the results of what they found.

Mind you the last time,

They told me the loose air intake boot (bullshit) was the cause for the check engine light and "emmisions workshop" message.

And that the driver's side seat airbag needed to be completely replaced for $720.

Today, this get's better...................

For some odd reason they "said" they check the coil pack by spraying water on it, stating that it was arching. I didn't ask them to check that. $600 to replace. Last time I checked I was born on 11-26-69 at 0430, not fckn yesturday.

When I inspected the engine bay around the coil pack, dust and dirt everywhere. Not one thing showed the removal of the engine cover to get to the coil pack. Water seems to magically turn into dust and dirt only in a dealership service department, I think I found David Copperfield!

The "new" or should I say "original" airbag diagnosis shows "airbag inflator resistance to high, sporatic. The last time I checked "resistance" had to do with "electricity".

They also found a wire that leads up to the seatbelt lock that was severed, so they stated was the main culprit. My hair would never turn blonde even if I lived in the desert!

So after charging me another $95 to find out that I now need, oh, let's see.........

Coil Pack...$600
02 Sensor..$132
Seat belt wire...$40
Airbag wire harness...$60
MAF Sensor....Free
$832 plus $190 (2-diagnosis) for finding out what I'm really not to sure.

So, tomorrow is going to be eventful when my "file" with VWOA is updated.

WAR is never really over, and I've got alot of time right now and nothing to do.

Hey Cathy, I'm almost getting as long as your emails. hehe

Very pissed off individual,

Tonee
Daun Yeagley <vwdaun@yahoo.com> wrote:

--- Neptuno wrote:

> out of curiosity....How much did the owner want for
> the car?

$1800.

> --- Jan Folkson wrote:
>
> > Just got a call from Daun and Jim in Chicago and
> > they found this:
> >
> > 87 8V Automatic
> > Black
> > 63k
> > Really clean, 2nd owner, bought new in family.
> > Garaged, no rust.
> > BBS 13" basket rims.
> >
> > 708-804-0015
> > Or Jim's cell: 585-230-0412
> >
> > Located in Chicago

=====
Daun Yeagley - Wilmington Ohio
'77, '81 S, '85, '86 & '88 Sciroccos, '96 Passat GLX Wagon, '56 Cessna 172
"My rabbit has a human foot on his keychain. That's not the scary part. What I wanna know is what those keys are for." - The Four Postmen