Corrado Dash Question

David L. Winchell, II wrote:

> To all who might know...
>
> I have a local friend who has a very clean dash from a Corrado that he is
> getting rid of. Does this dash fit in a rocc (87 16V) with out modification?
> Does it look decent in a rocc? Does it match up to the door cards?  Anyone
> have any pics?  Just curious if this is something I should even consider for
> future plans.
>
> Thank you for your time and responses.
>
> Dave

Dave,

The general consensus is:

- It will fit.
- It will not match the firewall, area under the windshield exactly.
- It will be wide enough to interfere (a bit) with the door cards on
each side.
- It will require some trimming of one thing or another to deal with
the last two items.
- It will not mate to the existing brackets on the chassis, requiring
a bracket (or two modification/fabrication.
- There will be two other main issues of concern; HVAC and
instruments. Air vents and such need some working out to have working
fresh air/ A/C. Your instrument panel will (Hmmm, tell you the truth
I'm starting to fade at this point.)

I don't know if the similarities the Mk2 Scirocco has to the later A2
speedo package will allow it to bolt up as a whole unit.

Check these resources for more info:

<http:/www.vwvortex.com>
Go to the Hybrid & the Scirocco forums and do some searches of the
archives. It been dealt w/ many times.

<http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=234182>
<http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=493451>

Also, the watercooled newsgroups might help:

<http://www.google.com/search?q=corrado+dash+into+Scirocco&sourceid=firefox&start=0&start=0&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8>
<http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&safe=off&q=corrado+dash+into+Scirocco&btnG=Search&meta=group%3Drec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled>

How's Dat?

TBerk