Where is the engine code??

On Thu, 2004-08-19 at 12:20, SequoiaGLX@twcny.rr.com wrote:
> I guess I didn't realize that head was higher compression, I put a head on my JH block emporarily from an '85 GTI (hydro) and it seemed to run pretty strong with my standard CIS setup.  I did notice I had to run 93 octane in it or it would ping like a jackhammer but it had all kinds of power.  I have had no oiling issues and premium fuel takes care of the knock.  I thought initially it was because the head was resurfaced and they shaved a chunk off but I guess not.  It seems to like about 8? advance at idle 2? ahead of the stock 6?.

The increased compression ratio between the JH and the HT/RD comes from
the pistons, not the head - the combustion chamber volume of the JH head
and the HT/RD head is the same.

It is possible, however that the HT/RD head you installed on your JH had
been shaved by a previous owner, which would increase the CR of the
engine.

Drew

--

84 Wolfsburg Ed. Scirocco GTD     http://scirocco.cs.uoguelph.ca/gtd