From: <SequoiaGLX@twcny.rr.com>
To: "T Berk" <tberk@sbcglobal.net>
Cc: <Scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
Sent: Thursday, August 19, 2004 12:20 PM
Subject: Re: Where is the engine code??

I guess I didn't realize that head was higher compression, I put a head on my JH block emporarily
from an '85 GTI (hydro) and it seemed to run pretty strong with my standard CIS setup.  I did notice
I had to run 93 octane in it or it would ping like a jackhammer but it had all kinds of power.  I
have had no oiling issues and premium fuel takes care of the knock.  I thought initially it was
because the head was resurfaced and they shaved a chunk off but I guess not.  It seems to like about
8? advance at idle 2? ahead of the stock 6?.

John K. Gates
--
'97 Jetta GLX - daily driver
'85 Scirocco Flash Silver, waiting for my new house/shop for a complete