engine parts suppliers

> From: Cris Carpenter <ccarpen@earthlink.net>
> Date: 2004/08/16 Mon AM 10:28:40 EDT
> To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
> Subject: engine parts suppliers
>
> Hi All,
> Lookin to start rebuilding my 8V 1.8 RD motor, and wondered who on the list
> had experience and suggestions for where to get the parts. I want to do it
> all, but keep it relatively stock. I intend to keep the original crank if
> it checks out okay, but am assuming I'll need .050 over-sized pistons. And
> I want to go to a mild performance upgrade for the cam (sticking with
> hydraulic lifters). So:
> 1. Who to get all the rebuild parts from (most cost-effective, OEM quality
> at least)?
> 2. Which cam?
> 3. Suggestions for higher flow catalyst?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Cris

I would suggest TT for all three, believe it or not.  Most if not all of what you would need they have on their shelves, and they are more likely to throw in free shipping, or something else if you get that all from them..  Also, a 10% savings can be had through thescirocco.com for all of TTs' products...

Hope that helps,
  David

---Chrome don't get you home.---