From: "David Utley" <fahrvegnugen@cox.net>
To: "Dan Bubb" <jdbubb@ix.netcom.com>; "dswalterwi" <dswalterwi@earthlink.net>; "'Julie Macfarlane'"
<juliemac57@hotmail.com>; <Scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
Sent: Friday, August 13, 2004 10:18 AM
Subject: Re: Re: Redesign of the back up light switch

> > From: "Dan Bubb" <jdbubb@ix.netcom.com>
> > Date: 2004/08/13 Fri AM 07:46:57 EDT
> > To: "dswalterwi" <dswalterwi@earthlink.net>,
> >         "'Julie Macfarlane'" <juliemac57@hotmail.com>,
> >         <Scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
> > Subject: Re: Redesign of the back up light switch
> >
> > I believe they were "engineered to fail" ;^)
> > Dan
>
> Ummmmm, yes...  :-)  In the voice of that ventriliquist that had that purple gorilla named
'Peanut', "Because they are plastiik".  Okay, if you did not get that, don't worry.  I know that I
am weird...  :-O  Anyways, they are very cheaply made.  I have gone through one as quick as six
months.  I think someone mentioned relaying it, and that is not a bad idea.  I think they actually
fail because the switches are little plastic arms, and they are occassionally moistened with gear
oil.  I will bet that the gear oil breaks the plastic down...