From: Andrew Basterfield [mailto:bob@cemetery.homeunix.org]
Sent: Wednesday, August 11, 2004 7:45 PM
To: fahrvegnugen@cox.net
Cc: T Berk; Scirocco List
Subject: Re: [non] rabbit speaker wiring

On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 9:57:57 -0400
David Utley <fahrvegnugen@cox.net> wrote:

> Actually, on any speaker that is bigger than say 3", you want to
> change the polarity on ONE speaker, AT the speaker.  Try it.  You will
> notice more bass response, as the speakers will not be hitting at the
> same time, and therefore canceling each other out...  If you have
> never tried this, you will be suprized at what difference it makes...
>
> Beyond that, good suggestions indeed...

Geez, it's a wonder sound engineers the world over haven't already picked up
on that secret... my conventional teaching would lead me to believe that the
speakers would cancel at low frequencies as they would be in antiphase.

Unless just maybe one of the speakers was already accidentally wired in
backwards which case it would correct the problem and allow the speakers to
work as the manufacturer intended.

--Andrew