From: Kyscirocco@aol.com [mailto:Kyscirocco@aol.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 11, 2004 7:28 PM
To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: gas on air filter

I just installed a new air filter the other day. While trying to get the
car
running right the other day I noticed gas soaked into it. I assume my
fuel
distributor is leaking. Is this fixable? Could this be the reason the
car runs
like crap?   I've taking a short break from trying to get the Scirocco
going.
Mostly to do some work on the 1966 Thunderbird I just picked up for my
wife. I'm
reading the understanding Bosch fuel injection book and taking a shot
next
week. Makes me miss my old ford V8's with carbs. Although I'm not sure
how a 17
foot long 4000lbs car would handle autocross.
Matt
1981 Mars Red
Louisville, KY