Shit...broken manifold stud

Larry Fry wrote:

> I would have to think that the welding on the bolt did more to loosen it
> than the candle wax did...
> I have often used the welding trick to loosen a seized bolt...without
> "waxing". :)

Give it up already!  Larry, contrary to your opinion, the wax trick
ACTUALLY WORKS!  Talk to any good automotive machinist, or people who
fix old tractors or old rusty machinery, and I GUARANTEE you they have a
bunch of candle "stubs" in their toolbox.

I agree the heat from welding/torch is part of the equation here, but
the addition of wax = easier extraction.  I'll continue to use it cause
I've proven it to myself on more than one occasion (once to prove it to
myself, and another to prove it to a disbelieving friend), on manifolds
with multiple broken studs.  Take that for what it's worth, but the shit
just works...

That's the last thing I'll say on the subject, cause all I'm doing is
repeating myself at this point.  But the next time you've tried
everything else to extract a broken stud/bolt and you're still stuck,
give the wax trick a try before you bring it to a shop...  Can't hurt,
right?  You can thank me later...  :)

Later,

Mark.
75