Autocross tips and tricks...

A friend of mine flowed a paper and a gauze (K&N type) filter and the gauze actually flowed slightly WORSE than the paper. My guess is the oil provides a bit more resistance. Stick with paper. Along those lines, don't take out your air filter. The 1/1000th of a second you may possibly gain will promptly disappear as your engine fills with crap. Try practicing instead, it's free and will gain you a a ton more than those other mods. (not meant to be harsh).

As for the TB, I would imagine they're designed that way for a reason. You may get better air flow, but you won't have additional fuel being fed in to go with that air. Try an A2 TB or if you really want, a Weber. Again, there's so much other, better stuff you can do.... Remove all seats but the drivers, a pretty quick and easy thing to do, and you'll probably get way more results than the other mods. Also, put the minimum amount of gas needed in your tank and if that's around 1/2 a tank, throw in a bottle of octane booster. Run Seafoam through your whole system and some Marvel Mystery oil to clean out debris.

HTH,
Dan

Rhett Farnum <rocco_crossing@hotmail.com> wrote:
I would go for the K&N or Airhog ASAP!! They do help! I have never heard of
the screw in the TB before though it might be something to try.

Peace Out,
Rhett
Rocco_crossing
'83 Rocco (DEAD!!) :-( Now what to do???
Buy a GTI!! Got an '83 for that too!!