From: scirocco-l-bounces@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-bounces@scirocco.org] On Behalf Of Dan Smith
Sent: Monday, August 09, 2004 1:21 PM
To: T Berk
Cc: Scirocco list
Subject: Re: French Citrus Fruit was: Wide eyed...Brett? Now: center
light

In the Speed Channel show I watched that talked about that car, it
actually saved the life of some foreign dignitary. Some people tried
to assassinate him and shot out 1 of the tires which came off, rim and
all. They were able to tear around French sidestreets and evade the
chasing assassins thanks to the suspension design. I think it's a
really fascinating, ingenous design that seemed to work brilliantly.

Dan

T Berk <tberk@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

I grew up riding around in Sixties era Citroen DM wagons.

The key to driving with three wheels was to jack the adjustable
suspension up all the way, less tippy that way.

It was real funny to see the car warm up in the morning. It sat
overnight slammed and you waited for the hydraulics to pump up-
first the rear would raise up, then the front end and away you go.

TBerk