Brakes fading question.

> Ok so here is a question about loosing pressure on the
> brakes while at a full stop.
>  I just recently had the front brakes done on the car
> and this problem was more pronounced then, but I can
> still feel the same symptoms.
>
> I come to a full stop.
>
> Foot on the brake and the pedal will give a bit
> letting the car roll foward (it is an automatic)
>
> To regain brake grab I pump it a bit and will stop.
>
> The problem is intermitent and not always present, but
> sometimes it seems worse than others.
>
> I've had the lines bleed various times (3X) and the
> problem persist (yes following the bleeding order)
>
> There are no apperent leaks on the system.
> What could be causing this problem?
> I heard switch to braided lines, but dont know why?
> Bad booster?
> What should I look for?
>
> TIA
>
> Tony
> (and Rodolfo)

If the pedal sinks after you've pushed it initially, it may be the master
cylinder. In theory it's an easy job. My first was...

Cathy, the "caliper queen".
In the last two weeks:
Wheel cylinders and shoes- MkI
Master cylinder, 2 front calipers and a well killed carrier- Cabby
E brake adjustment X2- MkII
And watching the kid swear at his Jetta brakes? Priceless...

Tell me they don't talk...there was bleeding all over the place.