Brakes, how f$%#^^ed am I?

> C Boyko wrote:
>
>> Okay, so I have an 8V, lets pretend it's a Scirocco. (Okay  it's a
>> Cabby)It had the ever popular lots of fluid but the pedal goes to the
>> floor problem. So I got the old MC off, the new one bench bled and
>> installed, and the back lines bled. On the PS front corner, and guess
>> what? Despite Kroilage, snapped the bleeder. Right clean off. So what
>> are
>> the options, the nearest cliff is too far to go with no brakes.
>> Seriously, how do you extract the screw safely? Pounding and heat
>> somehow
>> don't seem too wise. Thanks.
>

> Heat and an easy-out...  The nice thing about bleeders is that you don't
> have to drill them out to use the easy-outs...
>
> Heat the area around the bleeder, but be quick about it.  One of those
> small disposable bottle oxy/acc kits from Craptacular Tire will work
> better than a propane torch...  And, apply some penetrant or, dare I
> say, WAX!  :)  Then try the biggest easy-out you can fit in there...
>
> HTH,
>
> Mark.
> 75
> 77
> 80 S
> 81 S  x3
> 81 Caddy

Okay, so I'll try the wax for shits and giggles, and report in. And
another method has been suggested (buy a reman), so that'll be a
consideration too. (And what are the odds I can't get the caliper off the
line if I go that route...)

But here's the rub. So Klaus started this whole thing, needed wheel
cylinders and shoes a few weeks ago. Done. Then the Cabby wanted a MC, and
isn't done with its little brake parts acquisition mission just yet
apparently. But they can't talk, right? TRight???? The Valdez (son's 87
Jetta) heads out tonight, and returns very quickly. First words out of the
kid's mouth" (Pardon my son's bilingualism BTW) "The brakes are fucked".
Yeah, it's co-incidence. I'd better get that case of brake fluid.

Cathy
1987 2L 16V Scirocco "the silver headache"
1979 1.8L 10:1 8V "Klaus"
and some other demanding German scrapmetal.