Brakes, how f$%#^^ed am I?

C Boyko wrote:

> Okay, so I have an 8V, lets pretend it's a Scirocco. (Okay  it's a
> Cabby)It had the ever popular lots of fluid but the pedal goes to the
> floor problem. So I got the old MC off, the new one bench bled and
> installed, and the back lines bled. On the PS front corner, and guess
> what? Despite Kroilage, snapped the bleeder. Right clean off. So what are
> the options, the nearest cliff is too far to go with no brakes.
> Seriously, how do you extract the screw safely? Pounding and heat somehow
> don't seem too wise. Thanks.

Heat and an easy-out...  The nice thing about bleeders is that you don't
have to drill them out to use the easy-outs...

Heat the area around the bleeder, but be quick about it.  One of those
small disposable bottle oxy/acc kits from Craptacular Tire will work
better than a propane torch...  And, apply some penetrant or, dare I
say, WAX!  :)  Then try the biggest easy-out you can fit in there...

HTH,

Mark.
75
77