Shit...broken manifold stud

-----Original Message-----
From: scirocco-l-bounces@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-bounces@scirocco.org]On Behalf Of Allyn
Sent: Wednesday, August 04, 2004 11:11 PM
To: Mark
Cc: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: Re: Shit...broken manifold stud

* BUT...

okok, i wont argue here - it may very well work, but my engineering-oriented
mind needs to wrap around the 'how it works', instead of the 'it just
works'.

how can melted wax possibly:
a. break up corrosion that is binding threads
b. correct possible siezing of threads due to galling
c. correct possible locking of threads from bottomed bolts/nuts

it just doesnt make sense to me. how can wax possibly peentrate something
that some PB Blaster wouldnt be able to handle. the wax is simply a thicker
material (even melted).

Al

While I cannot argue with specifics, I can be very general.  You're in the
military, you should appreciate that...  :)  I know, sad, but it was
there...  I think it merely acts as a lubricant.  Also, if it does indeed
flow around the whole of the hole, then it will be less likely to allow the
stud to gall as it will acts as a buffer since it is thicker than the oil.
Does that make sense?  It makes sense to me, but as we have seen, that is
often not enough...  :)

Hopefully That Helps...

David