16v: how do i keep oil from flooding the distributor?

-----Original Message-----
From: Patrick Bureau [mailto:longcoeur@yahoo.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 04, 2004 9:00 PM
To: fahrvegnugen@cox.net; Dan Smith; scirocco
Subject: Re: Re: 16v: how do i keep oil from flooding the distributor?

I would be curious to know why all the water pumps I
have bought (no oem mind you) always had metal
propelkers, I never seen one with plastic propelers..
then again that said its only been 30mm and 36mm hub
water puts on 8v 1.8 and 2L engines.

one wonders why they would change that design.

I really think it is money.  If it is aftermarket, they have to work harder
at getting biz, so they build a superior product.  Kind of counter-intuitive
in a way, but I am sure that VW has contracts with these manufacturers.  So
therefore, they have their guaranteed biz (VW), and their good markup biz
(aftermarket)...  Any marketing majors or CPAs on the list care to confirm,
deny, or just plain question my silly theory?  :)

Cheers,
  David