16v: how do i keep oil from flooding the distributor?

I would be curious to know why all the water pumps I
have bought (no oem mind you) always had metal
propelkers, I never seen one with plastic propelers..
then again that said its only been 30mm and 36mm hub
water puts on 8v 1.8 and 2L engines.

one wonders why they would change that design.