WAY^3 OT: what would you do?

Yeah, that's disgusting when they do that.  I like
when they shake it like they're killing some small
animal, that's extra nasty.

I have what I think is a funny story.  This
discussion reminded me of it.  It is kind of
disgusting, so don?t read it if you have a weak stomach.

My father-in-law has a kennel of sled dogs, usually
around 15 or so dogs depending on
birth/acquisition/attrition.  I have to clarify that
he is definitely not a backwoods hick or something,
he is a successful businessman who sold and leased
commercial real estate in New Jersey for many years
and has done quite well for himself.  It makes the
story more funny.

He would collect a certain amount of waste from the
kennel in large heavy plastic bags, tidied up and
sealed neatly.  He?d make regular runs to the local
dump with a few of these bags at a time.  There?s a
lot of waste from 15 critters.  These bags not only
contained waste but snow in the winter and
springtime, obviously you cannot pick it up without
getting a little snow sometimes.  The mixture would
melt inside the bag as the weather started getting
up around freezing, and it was at this time of year
that he happened to take a fairly large load to the
dump.  You can make a guess about the composition of
a large quantity of dog poo along with water from
melted snow.

Unbeknownst to him, the dump had just gotten a large
trash compactor, basically a large hydraulic press
apparently.  This is in a very rural area, and it
was a big deal to get the new trash compactor, so
quite a few people were standing around watching it
crush garbage (it doesn?t take much to entertain a
redneck?).

The story goes that the bags went into the compactor
without personnel knowing what was in them, but they
found out quickly after they started crushing.  A
brown geyser apparently shot up in the air quite a
few yards and rained down on all the people who were
watching.

Dad was not allowed to bring anything to that dump
again.

Before anyone puts up a fuss about me using the term
?redneck?, I?ll tell you some people consider me a
redneck?  Been there, done that.

John K. Gates
--
'97 Jetta GLX - daily driver
'85 Scirocco Flash Silver, waiting for my new