From: Larry [mailto:rocco16@sbcglobal.net]
Sent: Tuesday, April 27, 2004 4:06 PM
To: 16volt; 'C Boyko'; scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: Re: Exhaust heat shield question

> Tossed it. Its non-critical.

That was my first inclination when I had problems with mine being loose
(hard, shrunken rubber grommets).
Then I realized that VW would not go to the trouble and expense to install
this item on their cars for no good reason.
I got new grommets and even fashioned an extension of stainless steel on it
to protect the inner CV boot from exhaust heat.

Larry
sandiego16v