What kind of red line tranny fluid??

Kevin S wrote:

> Anyone ever hear of motul tranny fluid? I have an option I can go
> with motul or redline. Motul was recommended by the shop im getting
> my car worked on at. But looking around it looks like he is just
> saying its great because he will get lots of money for selling the
> stuff. So...what you think is it any good or do you recommend still
> going redline?

I have never used Motul but they seem to have several kinds including
synthetics and non.  Which one does the shop recommend?  I know the
schtick on Redline uber alles but mostly have used LubroMoly synthetic
for my cold climate with very good results.  Do they say their clients
love it?

This is another are where I haven't kept up over the last few years and
would appreciate everyone's input on the state of the art.