you might be a rieger rocco owner if...

hey when I showed up with my 64 mustang at a ford dealer, ALL the sales people KNEW it was a mustang,  common if your selling something you shoudl have an idea WHAT the probable person coming on your lot that MAY just buy your product drive up in..

if he drive up in a BMW (no matter what his model) at least the first rules of engagement is acknowledge the knowledge and property of the client to him, it makes all sales easier, flaterry is the best sale's point.

the point is, for all amount of 100% of salesman, if that 5% knows my car chances I will buy or at least remember him when I go to buy another car.

Example, when I pulled in my scirocco (as beaten as it was) at the dodge/jeep dealer looking for a jeep, the guy sells dodge/jeep/chrysler... guess what he cames out, smiled and said a perfect line for a saleman... "Ready to retire your 15 year old Scirocco Sir?" and "Maybe put you in a 2 year old Jeep ? " I was stunned he reconized my rocco, and was "caught" by his sales pitch. I did ask him if he used to owne/sell them,. he said no, but he always admired the lines of the car when he saw one on the road. (f.l.a.t.t.e.r.y will sell), what he reconised that I woudl not like "ready to scrap your rabbit and buy a new car at higher price from me ? "

A Good Salesperosn can judge the client before he hits the doors of the store, period..

Yes I bought the Jeep, and I did pull worms out of ,his nose for the price I wanted, but He got the sale anyways. my point being made, Ill get off my soap box and toss it in the burning ashes of boxes I see on the side.. (marshmellows anyone ?)

Spewey <spewey@comcast.net> wrote:
Dan Snow wrote:
> I don't want to be a salesman, I HATE retail sales.

Where did anyone say you should be a salesman?

> I was simply stating why I hate most car salesmen/women. It's a job. Which
> is what all of us do from 9~5.

I heard, "Modern-day VW salespeople should know what a Scirocco is."
Judges?

Don't hate them because they don't know. They're innocent.

> But again, if I'm spending $20k on a new VW, the salesman/woman who knows
> (and respects) my Scirocco will get my cash 10x's faster than the schmuck
> who asks what kind of Nissan it is.....

Good for you. I have never bought a new car. If I had $20K I would
look for a nice bank to put it in, not a car. I may be weird.

ATS - Patrick Bureau - '85 3A/JH 2L 102.5 WHP Scirocco.
'86 8v White, '82 1.7L Carbed,  '78 Gti 8v and  '81 S Project.
Email: ats@longcoeur.com - Web: http://ats.longcoeur.com/
See what I am selling today on ebay: HTTP://tinyurl.com/22e5b