you might be a rieger rocco owner if...

danws69@earthlink.net wrote:

> I take exception to that philosophy......
>

> A Car is not on the same field as a sandwich.
>
> AND, if I'm going to the VW dealership, and NO ONE knows my car....I
> know they're not real enthusiasts, thus, the VW they're trying to
> sell me is just another car. Whereas, the sales rep that comes flying
>  out the door going "OMG!!!! AN ALL ORIGINAL RABBIT SPORTRUCK!!!
> w00t!!!" will probably elicit more buying-urge from me than the
> indifferent clod who doesn't even KNOW what a Scirocco is.
>
> As a Scirocco owner, I'm almost embarressed you'd say something like
> that doesn't matter.
>

> shame......shame..........

D00d, car salespeople are not "carguys/gals" because the job doesn't
require it nor does it reward it.  I take exception to your exception.
I have had friends who have sold vws after getting tired of selling
pianos (also expensive) and I have test-driven cars with vw salesfolks
who were divinity students the week before.  If you want to learn a
little bit more about how the industry operates, I suggest you read this:

http://www.edmunds.com/advice/buying/articles/42962/article.html

It's long but very insightful.  Quote:

"[edmunds.com] hired Chandler Phillips, a veteran journalist, to go
undercover by working at two new car dealerships in the Los Angeles
area. First, he would work at a high-volume, high-pressure dealership
selling Japanese cars. Then, he'd change over to a smaller car lot that
sold domestic cars at "no haggle" prices.

Read, learn and enjoy."

--
scirocco owner, whaddaya gonna do about it?