From: scirocco-l-bounces@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-bounces@scirocco.org] On Behalf Of C Boyko
Sent: Monday, April 26, 2004 8:15 PM
To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: Exhaust heat shield question

Okay, I was all set to finally rivet this thing in place, but instead
decided to yank it. Am I seriously gonna overheat anything without it? (If
so I may just let the puppy cook, cars have not been my friend this evening
- can you tell it was the "oh so fun to work on" DD before I tore into the
second victim?)
This is on the 16V, and it still has a cat, not sure how functional it is
anymore, it went through a "I have a rabid squirrel trapped inside of me"
phase when the car was running rich, pretty sure it's a bit toasted. It sure

made some wierd noises.

So, do I really have to worry about it? Who's tossed theirs? Did you die?

Cathy