MkII AC removal Q

I am going to remove the AC from the '86 and plan to put in a
normal heater box.  Is it a direct fit?  I know there is an extra
opening on the passenger side of the rain tray and of course
two AC line holes to plug up, but I am concerned with the heater
box itself.  I know on the MkI they are not the same, I'm just
hoping that changed on the MkII.

John C. Worden
Bucksport, Maine

'98 Dakota 4x4-
'86 Scirocco 8V-Was a 1.8 auto, but is nothing at this moment.
'81 Scirocco 2.0 16V -
'78 Scirocco Brazil Brown Metallic,  4 speed.-  In the Rotisserie
'89 Polaris Indy Deluxe