Remote chance of an '84 Cabriolet for sale

Hey all!

My supervisor is getting rid of her Cabby.  I am third in line for it
though.  I probably don't want it, I already have my project car and no
time to work on it.  Thought I'd see if there is any interest here, or if
anyone knows anyone who might be interested, etc etc.

The car is actually from Germany, the supervisor spent quite a bit of
time over there as part of the US Army and then shipped it over here
afterwards.  I need to get more details but I think the car might have
about 150k miles.  All service/maintenance done by dealer/official shop
over in Germany, but once it was brought over here they discovered how
much many US dealerships fall short and stopped taking it.  There wasn't
much mileage put on it over here.

I understand the car's pretty straight but makes no oil pressure.  They
claim it just needs a pump but I haven't looked at it myself.  Those
motors are so simple anyway...

Any interest at all?  I know we're all Scirocco people but we're also A1
nuts by definition....  And like I said, I don't know how sure this is,
I'm waiting to see if the couple of people in her family it was offered to
want it first.  I'd just hate to see her send it to the wrecking yard if
it's a fairly straight car.  If nobody else wants it I will take it to
keep that from happening until I can find someone for it.  My wife likes
convertibles and it might be a fun car to play with but I already have
too many...

Any interest, send me mail at my gatesj@twcny.rr.com address; I do try to
read the list but many times I just don't have time to keep up.

John Gates
--
'97 Jetta GLX
'85 Scirocco