help wiring KE-jet in '79

Hey folks,

My brother and I are doing a super-budget swap on his '79.  We got an
RD(?) out of a '92 GTI for free, and had a spare KE-Jet harness/ECU laying
around.  It's all in and hooked up, except we can't make any fuel come out
of the injectors while the car is cranking.  Nothing at all.  I know it is
getting through the fuel distributor because I cracked one of those lines
open.  It is using the original injectors.

Now I've swapped Digifant I into my '88 before so I have a pretty good idea
how this should work.  There is a wire on the ECU that should be connected
to the positive solenoid terminal (track 15a I believe), which I am
confident is hooked up correctly.  It is getting about 10.5/11 volts while
the car is cranking.  Is this too little?  The three black wires that should
go into the cab (on an 88) for ECU and knock box power I have running off
the power for the auxiliary air regulator (which is no longer in use).  I
have confirmed that there is power there while the ignition is on.  I've
used the old CPR circuit to power the o2 heater.

I've checked and rechecked all the ECU grounds and all my connections and I
think there's something blindingly obvious that I'm missing.  If someone has
a guide to wiring this thing or can give me some pointers I would be most
grateful.

Joe