Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 12:08:52 -0400
From: "peter" <peter@thescirocco.com>
Subject: RE: Front inner fender brace.. got it?
To: "'Gordon Forbess'" <gforbess@attglobal.net>,
        <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>

This is a question I've not yet been able to answer about the Scirocco
body.  I was just checking out Tom C's project pages including the
picture at: http://www.tom-c.com/ipfpst.htm  It doesn't seem to have
the auxiliary flat Y brace on the inner fenders like my car does.
Perhaps there's a reason for the crack he had to fix. I remember being
told once that this brace was not installed on the Rabbit bodies, but
what about later Sciroccos?

I'm curious about what years had this feature.  Here are some pics of
what mine looks like:
http://users.adelphia.net/~gforbess/images/brace1.jpg
http://users.adelphia.net/~gforbess/images/brace2.jpg
http://users.adelphia.net/~gforbess/images/brace3.jpg

Anybody?

Gordon

75 Mk I/Drake 1.9

I just checked my '81, and it doesn't have it. Neither does my '79...

The ETKA shows the Y reinforcement, but it's no longer available.

I'm not sure why they stopped using it, but it looks like it would
interfere with the expansion tank
on the pass. side. My guess is that they stopped adding it in '77...

Peter
http://thescirocco.com
Feel free to call me between 11AM and 11PM - 302.832.8989.