Bently Manual on CD Shipping issues

Not to bud in, but as an outsider to this deal, here's my take on it -
for what that's worth anyways.  :D

If someone is nice enough to send out free copies of software in
exchange for postage, and it gets lost in the mail, then why should he
have to pay to resend it?  It's VERY conceivable that someone at the US
Postal service recognized the package as containing a computer disc and
pocketed it!  (especially since Chris mentioned it was packaged and
stamped AS A COMPUTER MEDIA).  I've heard many stories from a friend who
worked for UPS.  Stuff went "missing" all the time.  (remember those
"LifeSign" quit-smoking devices - the UPS workers recognized those
particular packages, and removed just the computer from the package, and
then sold them).

As with any "sketchy" transaction: "You Pays Your Money, You Takes Your
Chances..."

An analogy:  you opted to pay a crackhead (U.S. Post) to pick up a
stolen bicycle (software) you bought from Louie (Chris).  The crackhead
picks up the bike and promptly pawns it for rock on the way to your
house, as crackheads are prone to do...  Now you can't exactly get
pissed at Louie, because he was actually doing you a favor by selling
you merchandise that "fell off a truck" for HIS cost.  The problem here
is your choice in delivery people.  The crackhead was the weak link in
your plan.  Now had you paid more for a pothead (UPS) to deliver your
bike, you were much more likely to have gotten it, as most potheads are
decent, ethical people...  :D

Mark.
75
77
80 S
81
81 S  2.0 ABA/JH/4K

United
> States Postal Service.  Can everyone that received one please let me
know
> and all that did not receive one also let me know.  Please also post
this
> reply on the mailing list for all to see.  I want everyone on the list
> see that some got their disk and some did not.  I even sent out a disk
> several a second time.
>

> The whole reason for this posting is that a member (for now will
remain
> unnamed) came unglued on me in an email because he did not get his
> recently
> and I told him I would attempt it one more time but still could not
> guarantee that USPS will not lose it again!  If they lost it once it's
> good chance they could lose it again.  If he wanted to pay for ups
ground
> rates at a rate of around $10 I could guarantee it!  He didn't like
that
> answer and was a real dick about it.  So I am going to tell everyone
the
> same thing I told him.  The 5 dollars everyone paid to have me send
you
> one
> covered the CD (25 cents) the static free envelope to mail it in
($1.75)
> and
> the Media Mail Stamp (approximately $3.00).  If the post office loses
it,
> it's not my fault and it's not your fault, but If I send it again I am
now
> paying for your disk out of my pocket, which is a favor and a nice
thing
> for
> me to do.  I am not selling the disks retail as that would be illegal,
> because the manual is copyrighted.  Therefore there is no money back
> guarantee!  I am providing these for my cost to get it to you as a
fellow
> member and friend.  Those members I sent a second disk to were very
cool
> about it and I was happy to try and make it right.  For the member
that
> was
> an absolute dick about it your disk may show up some day if the USPS
ever
> finds it.  I will not bend over backwards for someone like that and
will
> not
> send back your $5 because it was spent to get you the first disk.
Sorry,
> but life sucks sometimes; maybe this will help you learn some manners
and
> how not to treat someone doing you a favor.  If your $5 is that
important,
> maybe its time to move on from the fast food business and get a real
job!

> So again I say to all those that didn't get their disk, I am sorry and
if
> you let me know I will see what I can do.  Money is tight right now so
it
> may be a bit before I can afford a bunch of shipping cost again.
>

> Thanks to everyone for their understanding.
>

> Chris Edwards
>
> 81 Scirocco JH
>
> 81 Scirocco 16V Project

> Don Walter - Waukesha, WI
> 1969 Beetle
> 1969 Karman Ghia
> 1971 Karman Ghia
> 1984 1.8 8V Pewter Scirocco (sold years ago)
> 1986 2L 16V Toronado Red Scirocco (under repair)
> 1988 1.8 16V Toronado Red Scirocco (sold on 3/29/04)
> 1986 1.8 16V Black Scirocco (my new ride)

---