Bently Manual on CD Shipping issues

I didn't get mine.  Guess that makes me a dick.
Don

-----Original Message-----
From: "Chris D. Edwards" <chris@westcoastpromos.com>
Sent: Apr 25, 2004 1:09 PM
To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: Bently Manual on CD Shipping issues

Hi everyone.  I understand there have been several individuals that have not
received the Bently on CD.  I assure you all were shipped via the United
States Postal Service.  Can everyone that received one please let me know
and all that did not receive one also let me know.  Please also post this
reply on the mailing list for all to see.  I want everyone on the list to
see that some got their disk and some did not.  I even sent out a disk to
several a second time.

The whole reason for this posting is that a member (for now will remain
unnamed) came unglued on me in an email because he did not get his recently
and I told him I would attempt it one more time but still could not
guarantee that USPS will not lose it again!  If they lost it once it's a
good chance they could lose it again.  If he wanted to pay for ups ground
rates at a rate of around $10 I could guarantee it!  He didn't like that
answer and was a real dick about it.  So I am going to tell everyone the
same thing I told him.  The 5 dollars everyone paid to have me send you one
covered the CD (25 cents) the static free envelope to mail it in ($1.75) and
the Media Mail Stamp (approximately $3.00).  If the post office loses it,
it's not my fault and it's not your fault, but If I send it again I am now
paying for your disk out of my pocket, which is a favor and a nice thing for
me to do.  I am not selling the disks retail as that would be illegal,
because the manual is copyrighted.  Therefore there is no money back
guarantee!  I am providing these for my cost to get it to you as a fellow
member and friend.  Those members I sent a second disk to were very cool
about it and I was happy to try and make it right.  For the member that was
an absolute dick about it your disk may show up some day if the USPS ever
finds it.  I will not bend over backwards for someone like that and will not
send back your $5 because it was spent to get you the first disk.  Sorry,
but life sucks sometimes; maybe this will help you learn some manners and
how not to treat someone doing you a favor.  If your $5 is that important,
maybe its time to move on from the fast food business and get a real job!

So again I say to all those that didn't get their disk, I am sorry and if
you let me know I will see what I can do.  Money is tight right now so it
may be a bit before I can afford a bunch of shipping cost again.

Thanks to everyone for their understanding.

Chris Edwards

81 Scirocco JH

81 Scirocco 16V Project