Timing belt Tensioner

Your passenger mount may be a little worn, so jack the motor up from the bottom a couple of inches. The tensioner will be able to clear the frame.

Bryan Rankin <d_x20@hotmail.com> wrote:
Got my Euro cam in along with my 2.0 inch stainless from TT, when I changed
the head in my car, I left the tensioner off when I put the head back on, I
tried to get it back on today, and it doesn't want to fit, being a real
bastard, the motor mount is in the way, and the tensioner will just barely
not fit, for me anyway.

Is there anyone here who has changed the tensioner without the head out of
the car or off the block? I think right now my best bet is to lift the
engine up a bit, and slip it on, but if you guys know another way, that'd be
great.

Oh, and what would I set the timing at when I have the G-grind in there?

Thanks

Bryan
81 Volkswagen Scirocco