'88 16v parts to an '81

On Tue, Apr 20, 2004 at 04:52:09AM -0700, Larry wrote:
> Nothing wrong with the Scirocco power steering. Over the years, I've come to
> appreciate it for what it is.
> Remember, don't confuse "steering effort" with "road feel".

Exactly.  By overboosting the steering effort, it reduces road
feel.  Without PS,  I can feel exactly where the tires begin to loose
their grip, be it in hard cornering, hydroplaning, but most critically, in
the snow.  NEVER got that feel from my '87 with PS.

Dan

--
Every now and then when your life gets complicated and the weasels
start closing in, the only cure is to load up on heinous chemicals and

	-- H.S. Thompson, "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas"