Overheating problem with Dieter

AFAIK only two speed fan setups (AC equipped cars) have fan relays, and
it only operates the low speed setting on the fan.

The high speed (or single speed if applies) is switched directly by the
thermoswitch in the rad.

Behrle, I would be inclined to wire the terminal 30 side of your coolant
fan switch directly to the battery's positive terminal (or optionally
the positive post on the starter solonoid) with an in-line 30 amp fuse.
This should be the red wire in your thermoswitch wiring harness - the
red/black wire should be the switched circuit.

It's quite likely that the high current on this circuit has caused
arcing or pitting on the connectors in the back of the fuse panel, which
is what's causing your intermittent connectivity.

Drew