'88 16v parts to an '81

Picked up a cheap '88 16v non-sunroof car this weekend, as a donor car for my '81.
Plan to transfer:
16v engine stuff (I've got a 2.0 passat engine I'll use the scirocco mgmt stuff, intake, exhaust)
Might take the A/C, probably skip the power steering.
tranny
front brakes/axles
front sway
booster
rear axle with brakes, sway
rear proportioning valves

Probably swap in the front/rear seats, too.
I'm considering gutting the interior and transfering the entire electrical harness.  Newer wires,fuse box, etc.

What else, if anything, will cross over?  be nice to find a way to include the instrument cluster.  I assume the interior door panels will not fit??  suggestions?
Body parts (black exterior) will be available, as well as a set of good teardrops with the finish needing restoration (but no curbing etc.).
West of Boston, MA
Chris