Piston decisions from the overly verbose (and heavily broadcastthanks!)

Thank you all for the insight and input I have recieved from you. I
greatly appreciate it (and my wallet does too0!

To the dissapointment of some, but the abundant elation of my accountant,
I will be going w/ the cast variety.

Forged would be awesome BUT not particularly necessary for my wants I
guess since I will want this as a streetable machine ,not that it couldn't
be w/ forged, just that it will be unnecessary as I have no tracks [except
a drag strip] nearby to justify building it like that and I groove more on
tracks w/ turns that go both left AND right, not in balls out
straight line racing (no offense GRM dudes, just not my bag) so I think
I'll be going w/ cast (Yahoo!!! This means maybe I can afford the
blueprint/balance deal!!!)

Good insight from you all and most worthy recommendations, but if I want
to bring this to Cincy, I'll have to buckle down HARD to get it done in
time.

The "good" news on this front is that my oft fabled lay-off date is
rumoured to be finally on the horizon @ the end of the month (strange how
in particular circumstances losing your job can be looked forward to).

Plans so far include:

1.) Newly rebuilt 3A engine swap
(boring should start next week)
2.) Newly rebuilt 9A tranny swap w/ .75 (probably) or .80 5th swp
(waiting on new roller/needle bearings from G.A.P.)
3.) "New" 100mm axles and 16v front brakes (already in my possesion)
4.) Newly refurbished Jetta wheels painted shiny black
5.) 16v ground effects painted black

So, hopefully, I will be bringing a "new" 3A Lexicar and doing the
horizontal happy dance all the way to Cincy (but carefully as to not shake
up the beer).

Tim

P.S. BTW...the turboe is already being researched @ local yards and such.
5000's seem to be common fodder around here.

Professional wrestling:  ballet for the common man.