WOT: Good web page authoring software?

Brian Wagner wrote:
> Sooo...what's the best package for a guy who doesn't *really* want to do this? I need a sharp
> learning curve, reasonable flexibilty (no fancy stuff, just pages and links, I don't think I'll be
> doing frames), and reasonable cost.

You can create web pages with just a text editor,
like Notepad.  You can't get any cheaper.

As for the learning curve, find a web page you like,
right-mouse-button click and "Save page as" foo.html.
Edit foo.html to make it look the way you want. You
end up using the saved page as a template to build
your own new page.  Most pages will have links in
them; look for "<a href".

Frames aren't complex. They just let you break a
page into smaller, more manageable pieces.

HTH,
Kent