The News is in from the machine shop

Keep in mind to get to a true 2.1, Tim, you'll need the TDI crank.

With a stock 3A/9A crank and 84mm pistons you'll only get to 2051cc - not
_truly_ a 2.1L. You could also be a rebel and push the limits of the block if
you punched it out to 84.5mm, which CMIIW, is the absolute max overbore - not
to mention not recommended by any references I've ever seen (because it brings
the combustion chambers too close to each other...)

Also, FWIW (and I have nothing in front of me to substantiate this) - I've
heard that people with TDI stroker motors are not exactly happy with their
motor's characteristics in that they don't feel that stable. YMMV of course!

G/L either way!

Jeff