6speed good deal??

In a message dated 4/16/2004 7:08:50 AM Pacific Standard Time,
mr.utility@highstream.net writes:

> When I worked at Overland Parts, we had these kits on hand...  I checked,
> and
> they still have them, for the 020.  I am 90% positive that he sources them
> from overseas, I do not think VL came up with the design, but I could be
> wrong...  :-)  Regardless, Overland Parts a.k.a. Eurospec is another place
> purchase the parts you might need...

Over about a seven year run---Vince had several different shops do the actual
machining-- the last one being Mark at EMSport.

I know the guy. Been to his house. Met the wife and kids. Also bought what
was arguably the last assembled Option-6 ever.

Like Darrell Vittone of Techtonics, Vince is a second generation VW
innovator-- his Dad was big on the aircooled scene and at one time produced a (now
highly sought after) upright cooling shroud for Type4 engines to Type1
transplants.

Vince was the one that ORIGINALLY designed the Option-6.

Danny
77,79,80 Scirocco
81 16V Caddy
82 Audi 4000S