The News is in from the machine shop

Called them today and found that the block magna fluxed fine, the crank is
good and only needs a very light polish on the 3rd journal, the rods are
good, but the cylinders need to be bored due to taper. I'll be going there
tomorrow to check it out and get a total for services rendered so far
cause this means new pistons and rings.

Ouch.

So.....depending on what the damage to the cylinder is like, I may be
sporting a 2.1L by the time this is all over.

The guy I spoke w/ said that it was borderline as to whether it
needed it or not, but I guess I'll see tomorrow.

Would you go the extra mile and bore to 2.1 if you had to bore anyway?

Somehow the automagically appended signiture seems to tell of
syncronicity and aptness,

Tim

Before you ask more questions, think about whether you really want to
know the answers.
		-- Gene Wolfe, "The Claw of the Conciliator"