Anyone have Autotech SS brake lines and wider tires?

looks like this when done :)
(http://ats.longcoeur.com/Technotes/16vfrontbrakes/P1270465.JPG)
(http://ats.longcoeur.com/Technotes/16vfrontbrakes/P1270470.JPG)
cheers

--- Ryan H <rhock99@epix.net> wrote:
> OK, so it sounds like grommets it is for me!  I'm
> off to zip tie the lines temporarily, until I have
> access to an alignment shop... I can never seem to
> get the camber bolts back correctly.  Best left to
> the "pros" anyway.
> Thanks guys!
>

> > From: David Utley <mr.utility@highstream.net>
> > Date: 2004/04/14 Wed AM 09:39:01 EDT
> > To: Ryan H <rhock99@epix.net>
> > CC: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
> > Subject: Re: Anyone have Autotech SS brake lines
> and wider tires?
> >
> > They have in my case...  I cut them off the other
> line, stuck them on the
> > strut, slipped the SS line in there, and then
> rotated the grommet so that the
> > cut portion was against the strut itself...  I
> have had them on there for
> > almost 25K miles, no trouble yet...
> >
> > As for the tire size if that it correct, then you
> may have more troubles than
> > I have, I dunno....
> >
> > Cheers,
> >   David Utley
> >
> > Quoting Ryan H <rhock99@epix.net>:
> >
> > > Pretty sure they are 195/60/14 ... but it is the
> inside edge of the tire that
> > > they almost contact.
> > > The little rubber grommets just kinda slid
> around on the ss lines, so I
> > > didn't reuse them.  Seemed like they wouldn't
> work to hold the lines back
> > > anyway... do they?

> <mr.utility@highstream.net>
> <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
> lines and wider tires?

> ask is depending on the rest
> same...

> my (OT) GTI, and am
> > > presently
> problems...  I did retain the
> original lines, and I ran the SS
> strut so that I would not have

=====
ATS - Patrick Bureau - '85 3A/JH 2L 102.5 WHP Scirocco.
'86 8v White, '82 1.7L Carbed,  '78 Gti 8v and  '81 S Project.
Email: ats@longcoeur.com - Web: http://ats.longcoeur.com/
See what I am selling today on ebay: HTTP://tinyurl.com/22e5b