Need some help with a cis 8v

Quoting Brian McGarvey <brianm@earendel.org>:

> David,
>
> You need to look again at your own quote..
> There is a FPR, CPR, (DPR on CIS-E), and an accumulator in the cars.

There is a Control Pressure Regulator, which is what I personally described,
but the FI book does not list, nor can I remember where there is regulator...
Where is this item, and what does it look like?

> In the early CIS car the FPR is actually BUILT INTO the fuel distributor
> at the OUTPUT port of the fuel distributor. so it kind of goes like this
>
> fuel tank (xfer pump some cars) fuel pump --> accumulator --> CIS
> dist(including CPR) --> Fuel Pressure Regulator --> fuel tank.

So, the fuel pressure regulator is on the return circuit?  If I understand
what you wrote above, then that is what I am reading...  It may be true, but
since I have gotten this wrong, I want to get it right...  LMK where I am
off...

> dont believe me belive your own quote...
>
> Notice the BOSCH book lists it in just that order too...
>

> In the later model cars the FPR is actually mounted on the outside of the
> CIS-E distributor.

Here, what you are calling the FPR, is the differential pressure regulator, or
the control pressure regulator on the earlier cars...  Perhaps I am splitting
hairs here, but the terminology can be confusing on these FI systems...
Perhaps this is the source of Allyns' and my consternation?

Cheers,
  David

David Utley
Cable Volkswagen